Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday

I had a hard time falling asleep last night.  I even tried taking an antihistamine, which made me manic.  Counterproductive. 

About 8 PM, I put my rice pot on a timer, and filled with a half cup brown rice mixture (a mixture of brown rice and whole grains I got at the Vietnamese grocery, delicious), a quarter cup of lentils, and a cup and a half of water.  I used a little salt but nothing else. 

I set it to start cooking at 1, pushed the ON button, and laid in bed for hours trying to sleep. 

I finally fell asleep.  I'm having dreams, pretty much every night, about "leaving" on a one-way journey, which I assume relate to the rapture.  I have never dreamt of anything with such frequency. 

Do I think they are Holy Visions of some sort?  No.  Maybe God is talking to me, maybe it's just my way of expressing my hope I do get raptured soon.  At any rate they aren't bad dreams.  I can remind myself, during the dream, "I'm having the dream" and manage it. 

I woke up, disappointed I didn't smell food cooking.  I put on my glasses and went into the kitchen, to find a wonderful meal waiting in the pot.  I put it on WARM and took my shower. 

I really like the haircut, it is easier to clean, dry, manage, and even nicer, it doesn't get caught in my bra when I fasten it.  I got dressed and went back in the kitchen, dishing up about half my casserole. 

Perfection.  Now, I set it so it was on COOK for about an hour, and I soaked the ingredients for a couple hours first. 

The grains were just chewy enough, yet tender.  The lentils were perfect.  I was full for hours, and the Wellbutrin felt it was a suitable meal.  It also works with the other pills - very nice! 

We went to work. 

I had to laugh at God's timing.  Our driver was playing the Unshackled radio program, featuring a story of a hard core alcoholic.  I had to twitch a little as some of the reasoning matched Ron's exactly "I need it to sleep" etc.  Ron looked pretty solemn, thinking. 

Good.  I tell you, God is working on him.  I'm not going to let Ron destroy me, but I'm going to give God room to work, too.  Most importantly, I'll be praying for him in the process. 

We arrived just in time to watch the on-site police ending their "What 4th amendment?" bag search.  I understand, you don't want drugs or weapons, but it is disturbing. 

Anyway, they missed us.  I doubt they would have found my crap interesting, anyway. 

We went in, got 2 deliveries, stocked everything, did end of month accounting stuff, and waited an extra hour to pay a refund. 

I was exhausted. 

The Bible says not to call any man an idiot.  (Matthew 5:22).  I'll just say I think our return trip driver has a great career - in another field. 

When I got out, I silently praised God for the continued use of my legs, fleeing into the house. 

Ron followed, pushing his walker like an 80 year old man. 

I ate my food.  The timer had gone off but it was still warm.  I'd added a half cup of water when I left the house.  Next time I need to add more, it stuck a little at the bottom (maybe a tablespon), but it was fine, delicious, and cleaned easily.  I added a little butter because the lithium likes a little fat, and didn't have a single problem. 

Wonderful! 

I then collapsed into bed.  It was about 1 PM. 

I woke up a couple hours later, with a headache, took something, and went back to sleep for a while.  When I woke up again the headache was pretty much gone. 

It did crawl off after I drank about half a gallon of decaf iced tea. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to make some of this I buy the bag of Korean porridge, sounds like what you got or similar. Mine has black sweet rice, a tiny black bean, barley and brown rice. I will ad lentils and do what you did. Thanks so much. Very healthy sounding I will put butter and salt and that is it. after maybe try honey and fruit for breakfast.
You are loved Heather I am sorry about Ron. Please continue to take care of yourself, find fun in your days. LIfe is about living and loving and you do that. Do it for yourself as well. So glad the cats have you.

Anonymous said...

If you did not write I would feel very isolated in this world Heather.
We all have our joys and our pain. Problems and solutions.
You are raw and you share from your heart.

Thank you if is very validating as I have told you this before