Friday, August 28, 2015

I sure liked him

"That's not suspicious at all" I sniped, as the customer in front of us finally left.  She'd attempted to use a debit card without knowing the pin number.  She must have "borrowed" it, at one point she was asked if she had used it in a successful transaction and said "It's not mi-" before stopping herself. 

That was yesterday, at Walmart.  I forgot to mention that. 

The cats are good, Gravy just came by to say hello.  They've been wanting more canned food, which I'm happy to provide. 

Nausea is still pretty bad.  I think the aspirin I'm taking for my headaches irritates my stomach, and the meds come along and aggravate it.  I'm chugging a lot of pepto. 

I read recently I can cook lentils in a rice cooker.  I have a rice cooker.  I'm thinking it might be interesting to try cooking lentils + rice in the cooker, on a timer.  That, I can do.  It won't hurt the lentils to soak a bit, either. 

I plan to try, at least. 

We went to the bank today, we did a one-way on paratransit.  The goal was to ride the bus home. 

"I'm going to be positive today" he told me "And not complain."  I was shocked.  Did someone call him?  

Ron wanted to buy a fannypack from the mall, which we did.  Then he wanted Taco Bell.  I remembered it on Greenspoint drive somewhere around Benmar.  After about a mile of pushing, literally, Ron in the wheelchair, still not complaining, I couldn't find it. 

The bus company and the mall company landscaped the whole area around the transit center, which included putting in a huge, impenetrable, hedge, right before you get to the Beltway.  I literally could not find the store. 

I apologized to Ron (still not complaining), turned around, and took him to Jack in the Box.  Last week, I had some trouble with mud on the north side of Greens road.  Now it was thick sand.  It made for hard pushing, let me tell you! 

I took a page out of Ron's book and didn't complain, not that I would have, anyway. 

We went in the store.  Ron doesn't like to eat in public for various reasons.  Not usually, at any rate. 

I got a sourdough Jack and curly fries.  They were as good as Arby's, and that's saying a lot!  I was really impressed.  "Jack really stepped up his game" I mumbled, around a mouthful of burger.  "Good" Ron said tenderly "I'm glad you like it". 

I don't know which Ron I got today but I sure liked him. 

We ate.  Ron didn't want to take the bus home.  He did complain a little talking about it.  He decided to call someone to give us a ride, for pay. 

He did that. 

Ron got a little annoyed at one point, when I helped a disabled old man get a soda.  "Ron" I told him "He saw me helping you.  He accurately figured I would help him, too."  I didn't mind.  He was nice and said thank you. 

Our ride came.  Ron whined a little about missing Taco Bell.  Our driver took us there.  I literally missed it by 100 feet.  I was pretty embarrassed, but if they didn't have the big hedge, I'd have seen it. 

Ooops.  We got our driver some food, and Ron did eat a burrito.  He got a couple more to go. 

We went home, put away the food and wheelchair, and I took a nap for a couple hours.  I had a really strange nightmare and was happy to wake up. 

I went in Ron's room to find him lying in bed with my cat curled up at his side.  I'm not sure which one's the traitor, or both.  Both, I think. 

I did my God Time (got my shower this morning but missed God), and Torbie came and visited.  She has a set of needle-sharp claws on her, let me tell you.  She likes to give "the massage" complete with digging said claws into my flesh.  Ouch.  I petted her, she purred, I hung out with God. 

Jesus said "Where two or more are gathered", I always like to think of Him sitting there petting Torbie, too. 

We finished up and I got online.  Tomorrow is truck day.  It is my hope to clean off "my" counter in the kitchen and make room for my rice cooker. 

For whatever reason, meat tends to make me nauseous these days. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lentils and rice in the rice pot? Oh please let us know what you do and how it comes out? No more video blogs? We miss seeing you.