Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Flaming Hoops

I didn't sleep well last night.  Probably a combination of neuro-wierdness and too many caffeinated painkillers. 

I woke up around 4.  Ron was awake.  I told him I really didn't feel like going to Walmart (now that's a statement).  He agreed and cancelled the trip. 

I went back to bed and woke up around 7:30.  I did my God Time, ate, and watched some TV.  I wrote a blog, I talked to my aunt on the phone.  I took a nap.  When I woke up, Ron was up. 

I was treated to quite the spectacle.  Ron chugging on a huge bottle of whiskey (I think), holding it in his mouth for a while, and then spitting it into a cup full of ice. 

Years ago, I made the mistake of telling him most alcohol is absorbed through the mouth.  He had me do research, and I told him.  On the plus side, he never has any gum disease issues, like I do. 

He accepts it when I tell him his "two sips" (two mouthfuls he means) really equal eight ounces (it measures that on the plastic cup), and nearly FOUR "drinks".  He continues. 

He called some old friends while I did some work in the bedroom.  They kept asking him if he was drunk, how much was he drinking, stuff like that.  He slurred he was perfectly sober. 

If you're lying to your friends about your drinking...

I don't ask, or monitor, per AA suggestions.  I don't panic, either.  I just asked him if he could move over so I could get at the sink. 

He went back to bed, I did my work in the bedroom, and hung out on one of my favorite message boards. 

When I called Walmart about a Handout, they told me (store manager said) I would have to come in, meet with the personnel manager, fill out some paperwork, file something with the City, etc. 

Why do I have to file something with the city? 

I explained, again, I am not seeking money.  I simply want to distribute Bibles to the willing. 

Sorry, he told me, same rules for everyone. 

Now I am faced with the question: do I jump through these flaming hoops?  Or do I focus on the ghetto/prostitutes, etc? 

Good question.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do both? Look at is as an exercise ..sign up at walmart and when you feel moved you have two spots claimed and good feeling , that you can get to and back safely? Is that an option? comparison contrast