Friday, December 5, 2014

Saddle soap

I think I ruined my old shoes.  They have rough leather uppers.  I used saddle soap.  They looked kind of funny and then I read the "Don't use on rough leather" part.  Oops. 

It's a good thing we went to Academy this morning.  I got another pair of work shoes, and some sneakers.  My old sneakers were so bad I'm throwing them out - the soles are falling off and they have a weird mold smell. 

I hate the smell of mold. 

Anyway, I found some nice sneaker-style hikers for $20.  My work shoes have gone up to $25.  I got some wool socks and of course the infamous saddle soap. 

I still hope to save the old shoes.  I can wear them on rainy days. 

We came home.  I took a nap. 

I'm just waiting on my new bed, which Fed Ex says is "out for delivery".  [sigh] 

I told Ron, maybe we should take apart the old bed now.   No, he said, what will you sleep on tonight if there's a problem? 

Because this bed, as near as I can tell, is held up by an aerobic step and two cinderblocks. 

I can't wait for the new one, I just pray the disassembly goes well, for the old one, and the assembly goes smoothly for the new one.  That is be as comfortable as I hope, and as sturdy. 

Ron is having fun implying "we" broke the old bed in some kind of mating frenzy.  [snort] 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather I have taken your advise and started my own crazyblog and have committed myself to six weeks of blogging.
Would you please consider doing a post about your experiences blogging, any tips for newbes ect? , since you have been blogging so long
I bet you have some great advice and consider me an willing pupil. I am trying to be completely anonymous for sure but want an audience to read and maybe find something to help them as well

thanks for anything you can say to help a very new blogger alone