Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It ought to get you high

I really hope I'm not battling a fever, but it sure feels like it.  I taste, and smell, onions, too. 

Did I mention I hate onions? 

I just feel really crappy, chilled, and miserable.

I wouldn't be surprised if I am sick.  I have encountered several overtly sick people of late.  That's not counting the contagious, yet asymptomatic, people.  

Anyway, as the word of faith people say "I'm not claiming it".  I woke up with a headache.  I feel lousy.  That only means I am run down as of now. 

I got up, did everything.  We went to the warehouse.  I bought a lot of snack and drink inventory.  The green tea has been a runaway bestseller.  I got 5 cases.  People were buying it off the cart before we even chilled it. 

I helped the guy load the truck and we went to work.  I got the carts, tied them together and laid the big folding handcart on top.  Aha.  Now I got them all in one trip - much more efficient. 

I got everything loaded.  That took a while. 

I have to explain a little about work.  The cafeteria floor (our area) is white.  God only knows why - navy would have been far better.  The outside hallway is black. 

They wax both with special floor wax.  Yesterday they waxed the black floor.  Someone, apparently, walked across the fresh black wax and tracked it into the cafeteria. 

When we entered our area, our area had been cordoned off.  They were using stripper and a buffer to remove the stains. 

I thanked them for "making our area look better" - I meant it, and sat down.  I enjoyed a nice break.  Eventually they had a break in the activity and "let" us stock our machines.  We weren't ugly about it, even Ron didn't "bark", and we got everything accomplished while maintaining good will. 

The machines didn't need much.  That was a relief. 

I had enough time to stock, help Ron, verify all machines were working, put up my snack inventory, and mash up my cardboard.  Then we left. 

We came home, I still felt pretty bad.  Our driver on the way home is one of those cologne guys.  I had to put a couple windows down, in the vehicle, and hang my head out the window. 

I was just glad I got out of there before they applied the white floor wax.  That stuff is evil. 

"Something that smells so bad" I've said "Ought to get you high!" 

I ate a couple of hot dogs and took a nap.  I woke up with the taste of onions in my mouth, freezing cold, under 3 blankets.  I did have Torbie in my bed.

I'm hoping I can fight this off tonight.  


No comments: