Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Medicated

I know several other people with bipolar disorder.  People who talk about having it.  Many of them are on again/off again with their medication. 

I am sure I "know" many more who do not talk about having it. 

I can see why. 

A little family drama: someone has decided to go back on her medication.  I, of course, applauded the decision. 

In response, the woman's mother wrote this, directed at me:  Wow, too bad you people would rather poison your bodies than find a good program that teaches you to know your signs and how to adjust yourselves! 

Talk about blaming the victim!  My parents have 2 children with bipolar disorder, and I believe their fondest dream is that the other child would be as committed as I am, to medication and simple living.  
They would NEVER accuse me of "wanting to poison my body".  

Ironically, from what I have heard, this woman has major mental health issues of her own.  I think those who are most vicious, attacking 'the medicated' are those most in need of medication themselves.   

I have to scratch my head "How to adjust yourselves?"  

What?  

You think, if it were that easy, we wouldn't have done it?  But, of course, mental illness is always the fault of the victim.  I am just too weak to manage my own mind.  Addicted to those horrible poisonous pharmaceuticals; a whore to them.  Worse yet, a promulgator.  

Please.   

No comments: