Sunday, November 16, 2014

Neighbors?

It's been an odd weekend for the neighbors. 

Yesterday I looked out the window to find a huge rental party bus half the size of a city bus, parked in front of my house.  #2 began playing the same old tired Mexican polka party CD. 

I really have to wonder, do they only have one party CD?  For all of them?  Because it sure seems like it. 

Anyway, It was apparent they were going to have a huge party.  I did take hope from the bus - they wouldn't have rented the bus if they weren't going somewhere. 

I had Ron call the landlady, who swiftly reminded them "This is a place to live, not a place to party" and they turned it down and left.  Wow.  Great.  We didn't hear them come back, either. 

My gripe with that; we have plenty of rowdy neighborhoods in Houston, where they party every night.  But they don't want their sleep disturbed, and they come here.  But they still want to have the rowdy party.  You don't get both, sorry. 

Then a black pickup, visiting #6 (on my other side) keeps blocking my driveway.  I find that very annoying.  If Ron became ill or something we'd have to wait on "blackie" to move before we could get the ambulance.  It's just rude, and illegal, especially since there is TONS of parking on the other side of the street.   He runs out and moves it like he knows he's doing wrong. 

Worst case I can call traffic enforcement and have them give him a ticket.  That would cure the problem, but it might make for bad will with #6.  But it's common courtesy, and the law!  You don't block someone's driveway unless it's your own!

I remind myself he hasn't put us out yet, and if he does I will give him a tongue lashing, and have Ron touch the vehicle.  He has every right to "look at" (feel) the vehicle blocking HIS driveway.  Mexican people are very superstitious, and nothing freaks them out like a disabled person touching their vehicle.  They act like the disability is "catching".  If that's the case, Ron touching the vehicle would be particular cause for horror, being blind and using a wheelchair.  

Then someone down the street played some music last night, but it wasn't too loud and I had today "offa" work.

Ugh.  I tell you, living out in the middle of nowhere looks better and better.  Too bad I can't drive.  


No comments: