Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday

I didn't sleep well last night.  Today I figured out I forgot to take my Haldol.  Well, that'll do it.  That's the antipsychotic. 

It also works as a really great sleeping pill.  For me, at least.  I take the smallest dose but it does the job. 

I am at risk for seizures and heart trouble due to medication.  I am at pretty serious risk for heart disease due to obesity and family history anyway, so I am always more comfortable starting at a low dose.  If I die of natural causes, it will probably be cardiovascular. 

Anyway, I was pretty groggy.  I took my shower and realized I had to wear my "long" jeans because I'd forgotten to dry the capris.  Oh, well.  It wasn't bad. 

Work will find me in some version of an oversized modest black t-shirt, jeans, and slip on steel toed loafers.  I'll wear a hooded sweatshirt in the winter. 

I ate my breakfast (I really like that soy version of peanut butter with some honey on whole wheat bread, with a glass of milk, and I can take my meds with it too). 

We went to work.  We had scheduled a longer day which we needed.  I needed to do a surprising amount of work on the food machine, and snacks.  Ron had done drinks on Saturday and they didn't need much. 

We got it all stocked, I got my delivery.  My deliveryman missed his kid's first Halloween because he had to work late.  He was pretty upset. 

I commiserated. 

We work tomorrow, but not a terribly long time.  I told Ron I just don't feel good about leaving the machines for 2 days in a row, during November, with the holiday season imminent.  Maybe in, like, July. 

Ron wants to stay home Wednesday because it's going to rain buckets.  Or so they say. 

And, of course I have to vote.  I am definitely voting against the county commissioner.  I think he did a terrible job this term. 

I don't vote a straight ticket, which might surprise you, knowing I'm a conservative Christian.  The Sheriff is a Democrat, his officers like him, and he's done an excellent job.  I vote for him every time.  In other cases, like the governor's race, I'm clearly voting Republican. 

Not voting for Cagle (County Commissioner), whatever ticket he's on.  He sent me a form letter PDF today.  [snort]  It wouldn't even open.  You had a whole week to respond to outraged voters and you do this?  NOT impressed. 

He could have saved my vote with a simple apology and "I won't let it happen again". 

Oh, well.

It's a good lesson for me in customer service.  I need to take this and apply it to my customers. 

Regarding the lady who killed herself, I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.  I have never had a loved one with terminal cancer, or had it myself, clearly.  I don't feel I can render an opinion.

I will say that legalized suicide often leads to this:  Eugenics


No comments: