Monday, November 3, 2014

High end of normal - TMI

I think I figured out part of my fatigue issue. 

I believe I'm approaching menopause, and as a result I've adjusted some expectations.  I hear my cycles will be heavier, and they are.  I "hear" I will be more emotional but how would I ever know that?  I'm bipolar.  "Unstable" is pretty much the entire package.  I will say my mood drugs do a good job overall. 

Never, in a million years, did I think I'd be taking 8 crazy pills a day, 4 prescriptions.  Never did I think I'd thank God I have them, in spite of horrific side effects. 

Anyway, I started my cycle a few days ago.  I got out my box of "Ultra" tampons.  They hold about half an ounce each.   Most of the ones I removed had a lot more than that. 

Today I got the idea to count the surviving tampons and see how many I'd used.  I used 16.  That means I produced over 8 ounces of blood.  I looked up some online references.  Apparently that's three times the high end of normal. 

No wonder I'm so tired.  I'm probably anemic. 

I'm done with the heavy flow (which, for now, only lasts a few days), onto lighter days and then a couple weeks of freedom. 

At least I know part of the reason I'm so tired.  I wish I liked liver so I could eat loads and build up my iron.  I do take a daily multivitamin with iron. 

I can't wait for menopause.  I never wanted kids anyway. 

2 comments:

jillian said...

There are treatments for very heavy flow! Hope you get relief.

Heather Knits said...

I'll just say I have a very high deductible and copay, so basically, not for me.