Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Growly

Or I could have called it a tale of 2 cats.  My cat is older and very cuddly.  You can pet her bald.  She loves to get in laps and petting, gets upset if I have to go to the bathroom. 

Ron's cat is more independent.  Physical affection is always on her terms.  I only pet her when we get home from work. The rest of the time she's just not interested in my attention.  She allows some petting, but not much.  If Ron gets overeager she will growl at him. 

Ron calls her "Growly" when she does that.  He gets very offended but every cat is different.  "Torbie's right there" I told him "She'd love some petting." 

When I woke up, Baby Girl had chosen to sleep on my jeans and bra.  I said hello, and she opened her eyes, stretched, and meowed at me.  I knew I had permission, and gave her a few pets while speaking sweetly.  When I needed my clothes, I lifted her up and got the clothes, then resettled her on the remaining clean clothes.  She meowed again, I gave her a pet, and got ready to leave. 

I slept in a little and did my God Time later.  We had truck day. 

I knew I'd burn them off, so I ate some powdered sugar donuts for breakfast. 

I've been experimenting with a theory - adding soy protein to my diet in the hopes it will help alleviate my headaches, if nothing else.  So far, so good. 

I think many of the symptoms I blame on medication may be menopausal.  If so, the addition of some phytoestrogens should help.  (Plant estrogens).  If I'm wrong, it won't work.  My pharmaceuticals are very harsh on liver and kidneys, I don't want to add fuel to the fire, and this will either work or not, without harm. 

I really don't want to go the NSAID/prescription route for my week-before-the-cycle headaches, which are horrific.  Not the last couple days, though.
   
One reason I plan to get some soy stuff at Walmart tomorrow. 

So, we went to the warehouse.  They have nice new flatbed carts, thank God.  The old ones were terrible.  I wonder how many carts Ron and I bought with our purchases?

Ron wanted a lot of drinks - 40.  I got a few snack items, as a band-aid, until I can do a proper snack run and buy everything I need.  For instance, I am currently low on snickers.

I put the merchandise onto the cart.  Then, as the lovely cashier (I told Ron, she has a face that looks mean but she's very sweet and incredibly professional) scanned everything, I had to transfer it to the next cart.  To quote a friend "Damn thieves.  Ruin it for everyone."

Then I helped the cart attendant put the merchandise in the truck - if someone is helping me, I'm going to help.  I'm not going to stand there and watch them sweat.  It was cold enough that my hot flash wasn't apparent.  Oh, that cold air felt so good on my face.

We got to work.  We had a ton of applicants interviewing for "casual" jobs.  They are a one year job, and a possible foot in the door for employment at USPS.  You can bet we had a lot of very interested people.  Some interesting personalities - one player flirting with other applicants, one woman acting very haughty (probably a cover for her nerves), etc.

I unloaded all the merchandise onto carts and pushed the carts up the ramp, past the applicants - didn't run over ANYONE, and into our area.  I helped Ron stock, and did my own stocking, then I put away what I could.

It was a very long day.

I like what we did with the Cokes.  Yesterday, we asked the other vendor if we could borrow 2 cases of Coke, and give them back today.  He gave us 24 counts - that's what he gets.  However, the warehouse has a 32 count case.  We gave him two of those, so he got plenty of "interest".

Really, I told Ron.  Why be cheap?  This way we look awesome and he'll be happy to help us again.  Ron agreed.

I also believe in really good customer service, which found me eating a protein bar while getting a contractor a burrito out of our freezer.  "Breaks" can wait.  Customers can fly.

Ron teased the lady managing the interviews and pretended to ask for a job, as we left.

We finally left and our ride came just a minute later.  Good.  I was exhausted.  We got home, I ate a quick snack, laid down, and the neighbor children came out to play.

Most of the time the entire family is very quiet, but when they "play" they make a lot of racket (Dad included, during his parties).   I couldn't sleep.

I do have to commend them for moving things, and arranging things so they can't kick the ball into my bedroom wall anymore. 

I decided, rather than having "Bad Thoughts" and getting frustrated that I can't have the life I want, to do my God Time.

I did that, faithful Torbie at my side.

They had wrapped up by then (you can only sustain that kind of energy for so long), so I attempted to lie down again.  I don't think I slept but I got up after a while, realizing I probably only had one "sleep" left, and I wanted to save it for actual bedtime.

I plan to do a Bible Handout tomorrow.  I don't like the rhetoric I see.  I see one solution: overcome hate with love.  If everyone meets Jesus in a meaningful way, wow, the things that can happen.

But, how will they meet Him?

Romans 10:14-15 
New King James Version (NKJV)

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

Do I think I am anything special?  No.  

Do I think I'm the only one who can do this?  No.  In fact, I think I was probably pretty far down the list, but everyone said no.  

I like the poem I wrote, years ago.  

Heather, I need you this way
.When I was a kid I'd fall and I'd cry
I'd look at the others, I'd moan and I'd sigh
.God why am I different? It's not very fair
They can do so much, I just can't compare.


I tried and I tried to learn tying my shoes
I'd fall off my bike, and was plagued by the blues
Depressed as a child! Sure doesn't seem fair!
I hated my glasses, my feet, and my hair.

I tried to make friends, so strange and so wierd
My company? No thanks! I was to be feared!
I sighed and I cried and I leaned upon God
I took him my pain and I made him my Rock.

When others were playing, and on the home phone
I was in my room, with God, never alone.
He told me again and again, oh it seemed
."I'm going to use you, for wonderful things."

As I got older, I realized my brain
Was broken and different, a source of much pain
I cried and I raged and felt bitter inside
When I realized that I never would drive

Stuck on the bus for the rest of my life!
No man would ever want that for a wife!
My glasses so thick, and my face broken out
My bitterness, raging, at God I would shout.

God why did you ever create me this way?
Are you sick, mad or just playing a game?
I love you so much but you weren't thinking straight
Had I been normal I could have done many things.

I could have reached others and led them to you
I could have made money, not cried with the blues.
Instead I have migraines, the ups and the downs
Can't live in the country, it must be the town.

God smiled and told me that soon I would see.
He had wonderful plans in store for plain old me.
I met my true love, at a certain job.
I only got because I'm off in my "knob".

Had I been born normal we would not have met.
One moment beside him, and our fates were set.
True love had stuck hard and fast and this I know.
We'll stay together, through sun and the snow.

God took many years before His plan was revealed.
A horrible accident, pain and harsh tears.
I looked around one day, my Bible in hand
And realized the others, on Him couldn't stand.

They din't know Jesus, they were all alone!
I couldn't stand that, put some Bibles on "loan".
The others so grateful someone had shared Him.
My future was set and the pain grew quite Dim.

I asked God for others to show them the way.
He said they were busy, or quite far away.
I said I could help if He wanted me to,
He said to me, "Heather! That's why I made you!

I need you to hand out Bibles on the bus.
I need you, with candy, to show them my love
I need you at multiple bus stops to stand,
To smile at the ugly, with Bible in your hand.

When you get mugged, I'll need you to pray.
For the poor dumb kid who stumbled your way
I need to to pray and I need you to care
Because you know this world is cold and unfair.

I knew that no one else could do this job so well.
So I made you for it, like ringing a bell. .
I knew you could go with my love in your heart;
I knew that you'd go even when it's hard.

I know you will care and I know you will love
The pull to go, know that it comes from above.
I'll guide you and show just what you should do.
I need you for this, that's why I made you.

If you were born normal, you'd be in a car.
And not at the bus stop, you'd be quite far.
I couldn't use you if you made lots of cash.
I need you with time and a big Bible stash."

I told him I'd go and I have no regrets.
I scratch my head sometimes, I often forget.
I lose things, my moods change, and yet He's still there
He fills me up, constantly, full of His care.

I hope that one day sometime after I've died.
I'll sit up in heaven, a large table beside.
I'll ask God about it, and He will just grin;
That's for the souls that you helped Me call in.

I'll sit at my table, I'll feast and I'll smile.
The cashiers, bus drivers, and others beside.
We'll laugh and we'll sing and God will kindly say:
Heather, you know why I made you this way.

Someone I know on Facebook told me I "shouldn't give my alms in public" - which is a misinterpretation of the Bible.  Back in the old days, some wealthy people would have a huge procession, with trumpets, as they went to feed the poor.  Jesus condemned that.

Jesus taught the Bible in public.  So did all the apostles.  Look at Peter - preaching to a crowd of thousands on Pentecost.  Look at the poor Apostle Paul, constantly getting beat up, whipped, and tormented for the gospel, but he kept on teaching from town to town.

I just hand out Bibles.  I hold up a sign.  You want it, you got it.  


No comments: