Saturday, November 1, 2014

Glitch

I didn't get much sleep, went to bed late. 

I woke up and "just" did my shower, did my God Time later before I got online. 

It was pretty chilly but I knew I'd be working.  I brought my hooded sweatshirt, and wore regular jeans instead of the capris.

I wore my standard black t-shirt.  I have about a dozen of them, plain black, with a pocket.  Since I am a "Winter" in coloring, I look fantastic in black.  Black is also "easy" to wear every day. 

I like the men's because they are far more modest.  I do heavy manual labor, I don't need any "oopsie, I showed my boobs/belly/whatever" shirts.  They are incredibly unprofessional even if I weren't a Christian.

And, in my experience, all the women's shirts are like that.  I wore my neon green back brace over the black t-shirt. 

We went to the warehouse.  Our friend met us there and whisked Ron off to the vehicle.  I got a flatbed handcart and went into the store.

Ron wanted about a dozen cases of bottled/canned soda.  I got that, then I got my stuff.

I needed a lot, about 9 cases of chips.  I also got cookies, candy, and granola/protein bars.  I am happy to report the protein bars have a modest following.  I want to offer some "better" stuff.

Everyone likes the concept of whole grain crackers, but the "regular" kind remain better sellers.  Oh, well, it's there if they want them, and the crackers have a really long code (they don't expire for months).  

I found my guy and we loaded the truck, pretty easy because snack food items are very lightweight.  We headed off to work. 

"Just once" I mentioned on the way "I'd like to have a ride without talking about the male organ.  Can we do that, Ron?"  After a brief foray into "girl parts" Ron behaved. 

He got a call for a refund, which I paid when we got to work. 

We arrived and I got my hand carts.  For an F-150 pickup bed, Lariat edition, I need one three-shelf metal hand cart and one Mag-liner folding hand cart.  If I had more drinks, say 30, I'd need two of the three-shelf carts. 

I loaded the soda and Ron pushed the snack items forward in the truck bed, for me.  I hate walking around in a truck bed. 

I almost forgot: yesterday I got some fake peanut butters.  I thought, why not see if they would work for me?  A peanut butter sandwich, and a glass of milk, would make a great breakfast and "ought" to hold my pills (I was right). 

I got one version made with sunflower seeds, and one made with soybeans.  I'll be honest, the last soybean version I had was so ghastly I threw it out.  However, the Wowbutter actually tasted like the real thing.  If you've ever eaten soynuts you might catch a faint hint, but it's very peanutty. 

I made mine with honey.  Big glass of milk, huge handful of mood stabilizers, and no problem.  Don't forget I was also doing heavy manual labor.  I WOULD have had a problem. 

I tried a spoonful last night and woke up without a headache, so I'm fine.  Soy, for me, is not a migraine trigger. 

That was awesome.  I plan to make up sandwiches tonight and put them in baggies so I can just grab one every morning.  It was so good with some honey. 

Back to work; they were waxing, and the guy waxing is very tempermental.  We managed to avoid him.  I told Ron, if I ever have a problem, I will just turn on my video camera and record him.  That sure worked a few months ago with that driver. 

I got everything into our area and stocked candy bars, granola, the basic candy row items.  Candy, some cookies, granola, crackers, etc. 

I had to troubleshoot a couple machines.  I hope I've figured out the "rip off" glitch on the snack machine.  If the validator is full, it doesn't give change.  Why?  God only knows.  So I can work around that and hopefully prevent further drama. 

The bottled vendor has an interesting glitch, if the validator is full, you have to take the money out, turn the machine off, and reboot it.  Otherwise it won't accept any money.  Trust me, I tried. 

"If that's the worst glitch" I told Ron "I can live with it."  Every machine has a glitch. 

I got a little harried, rushing around, helping Ron, working on my own machines.  At one point I asked him to move back from the fridge door so I could open it. 

"Well, I didn't know!" Ron exclaimed, indignant. 

I bit my tongue, rather than say a sighted person would have "automatically" given me room to work.  He feels bad enough as it is.   After helping him with that, I just did something else for a while until I calmed down. 

Caregiver burnout likes to rare up now and then. 

No comments: