Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Count your blessings

See, I was already having a bad day before the greeter incident. 

I woke up horribly depressed. 

Ron has been incredibly negative and picking at my faith all day.  For instance, I told him I wanted to take a nap so he made a lot of racket, taking out the garbage.  Passive-aggressive.  He's also been having hysterics because our guy-with-a-truck is having truck issues. 

We've run the business without a truck before, we can do it again.  Worst case, we would need to convert the bottled vendor from 16.9 ounce drinks, to 20 ounces, and raise the prices accordingly.  We'd get the sodas delivered, by Dr Pepper, who would love the business.  We'd have room for the inventory because we have room for the inventory, now. 

I would get wholesale delivery for snacks, instead of going out to get it.  The warehouse would be rather unhappy to lose our business but we could do it. 

It would mean far less physical labor for me.  

Ron was also talking about how he "couldn't" do "truck day" on certain days because "It's going to rain".  I told him, from what I heard it's more a drizzle.  I don't care about working in the rain, if we need the inventory we get it. 

"Don't you care about my feelings?" Ron wailed dramatically.  Apparently it would be devastating for him to know I was unloading the truck in the rain. 

I replied that perhaps running the business should take priority over feelings.  He started cursing.  Oh-kay.  Either you respect me or you don't and cursing at me indicates you don't. 

I don't think guys, in general, understand the hot flash.  When I am having a hot flash (perhaps menopause, perhaps my antidepressant), cold is GOOD.  Rain is GOOD.  Cold rain even BETTER.  I get very hot.  I feel like I'm in an oven.  Cold things feel very nice to me. 

I only get them when I'm awake, when I'm stressed out or doing physical labor.  If I have night sweats I think I just throw the covers off in my sleep.  I do wake up uncovered sometimes. 

Anyway, he won't receive it. 

He's been moping around ever since, having pity parties, yelling at God.  All.  Day.  Long. 

He is so blessed.  He worked just a couple hours.  He has reliable transportation, a hardworking helper, a wife who loves him, two wonderful cats, a nice little house, good working systems in the house, I'm healthy, the cats healthy, he's healthy (surprisingly so).  We have a good community of people who care about us. 

But, he won't see that.  All he sees is "Chuck has to take the truck to the mechanic and can't help us until it's fixed." and "The thermostat is acting up".  You have a wonderful gas furnace, and you can afford to run it at a comfortable level. 

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS! 

No comments: