Saturday, November 15, 2014

Barbie doll

"I'm her Barbie doll" Ron answered the question "Heather gets to dress me up every morning."

Someone had wondered how Ron "knew" to match his clothes.  A question I actually had when we dated.

He told me, for one, you can sew braille tags into clothing.  

For another, if you live with someone, you can have them pick out your outfit. 

Or, as Ron's done, just wear all neutrals.  Ron wears a lot of black, navy, and dark grey pants, along with the occasion pair of jeans.  I think he looks hot in jeans, and say so, but he doesn't wear them often.  

For tops, Ron wears a lot of tan, grey (all shades), navy, black, heather green (my touch), and a little teal (also me). 

I do need to tutor him that sweatshirts "can't" be worn with twill slacks (a Ron favorite).  Instead, I might focus more on buying jeans for his "long pants".  He has trouble with button-downs due to his stroke. 

Ron and I are blessed at work, in summer he wears the knee length, baggy knit shorts, along with a t-shirt.  It works for us.  I wear bermudas and a black t-shirt. 

Vending can be a grubby job.  We sweat a lot.  We need cheap, durable clothing.  Something that covers us decently without offense. 

I had a varied career.  Always taking care of Ron, I also worked retail jobs (my favorite was building merchandise displays, and, appropriately, stocking).  Then it was office work - the work wasn't bad, albeit tedious.  I hated the office politics.  I really loathed the "dress up" games.  I know some women love to select their outfit every day, mixing and matching, selecting accessories, applying makeup, and wearing "a cute pair of heels". 

I'll remind you I'm the woman with 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pair shoes (one being my work slip ons), and a closet full of black t-shirts.  I have some makeup around here, somewhere, but I haven't worn it in years. 

No comments: