Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A day off with a migraine

I managed to do a lot, considering. 

I did my God Time and took a shower. 

Ron and I went to Walmart.  I got my meds and some groceries.  Our friend picked us up and brought us home. 

I put away the perishables and left the other bag on the floor.  We went downtown to get Ron's digital machine.  I went in the building while they circled the block, got it back, and came out. 

I had a pretty vicious headache the whole time. 

We went out to lunch, and I was able to eat because I'd taken some ginger root.  It helped me not be revolted at the concept of food.

We came home and I took a nap. 

I vented a little, during lunch, about the guy who ran over Ron coming into our area, knowing I find it upsetting to see him.  Our friend is retired from work but has a lot of contacts.  I am hoping he will tell someone, who will put it out on the gossip line and say "Hey, you know it upsets them to see you.  What are you doing?" 

It's like getting raped, every time I see him.  Especially that nasty smirk, like he's proud he put Ron in the wheelchair.

Ron, hearing about this, got the bright idea to call the guy.  I told him no.  One, I don't want him to know how much he upsets me.  "Upset" and "She was suicidal more than once over this accident" are two very different things.

Ron didn't listen and still tried to get the number, but he kept getting the last name wrong.  I wasn't about to correct him.

Enough. 

So, I took a nap.  My head felt better by the time I woke up.  I did my God Time, watched a little TV, and decided to bake some bread.  I made a loaf of standard soda bread (for me) and popped it in the oven.  The prep and cleanup were really simple - this is something I can do depressed - and that is huge.  Whole wheat and buttermilk (pretty much the only ingredients) are a hell of a lot healthier than the other things I've been eating.

Ron woke up and asked me to take a look at the thermostat.  Sometimes he has to hit it.  I didn't see anything wrong.  He says he will continue to hit it.

I took my bread out on time, it looks delicious.

Ron has his own loaf with peppers, even though he says he can't taste them.  He's eating it anyway (with peanut butter). 

This one is ALL MINE.  It will be really good with some soy nut butter, honey, and milk, for breakfast.  Dinner will be some kind of lentil + veggies, bread, and milk. 

That's a lot healthier than the usual processed junk. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy I love soda bread!