Sunday, November 23, 2014

3 Steps

You know who you are, of course I will be praying for both of you and everyone in your circle.  I am so sorry to hear that.  ((((Hugs)))

I had a talk with Ron.  I basically said, I feel that you are pointing complaints and hostility at me.  Constantly.  Would you want to be around that person? 

Example, I wake up with a headache, you attack me for it, even though I am going to work with this headache and helping you make a living.  If you woke up feeling like that, what would you want? 

Oh. 

He was much nicer this morning.  I call that a win, for however long it lasts. 

Speaking of, I was OK with regard to headaches, until I took my antidepressant (headdesk).  I ended up having to take my generic excedrin, crammed in a van with a woman, her purse (which apparently required it's own seat), a very large man in a wheelchair, another guy in a reclining wheelchair (for blood pressure issues), and the second wheelchair user's father, who did make room for me to sit.  Good thing.  I didn't want to sit on that purse, but it was the only other seat!    I stood there just waiting and she glared, refusing to move her purse. 

At least the other guy helped.  We had a pretty long ride, we went to Lakewood church.  I am not a fan of their theology. 

A good example, one of the churchgoers had the pastor's book in his hand, reading it avidly.  He did not have a Bible - none of them appeared to. 

I personally believe Christians should focus on the Bible as sole spiritual food.  That's God's Word.  I'm not going to trust people's interpretation of the Bible, especially when God says "If anyone lacks understanding, let him ask and God will provide"  - James 1:5

For instance, for a while I had problems with the whole communion thing.  Why did we have to eat Jesus?  God finally made it obvious to me one day - in the Old Testament, the sacrifice was presented, slaughtered, cooked, and eaten in order to provide forgiveness.   That's why we had to "eat" Jesus.

That made total sense to me.  Forgiveness wasn't obtained until one "ate" the offering.

'Cause, before that, I always thought this ain't a zombie movie.

I always take God very seriously but it really did creep me out.  Yeah, that might make me look bad but I hope it helps others.

So.  We dropped the woman, and her purse, off at Goodwill.  We dropped the two wheelchairs and the caregiver at Lakewood.  Then we went to church.

"Don't feel bad" I told Ron "Plenty of people with cars are just pulling up, too."  We sat in the back because our pickup was estimated to show up right about the end of service.

It was a good service, of course about thanking God.  3 steps:  remember what he has done.  Praise him.  Thank him.  I was happy to see I am doing all 3, especially in public.

I try to be thankful for small things, as well as large.  I often thank God for my cats, for instance.

Torbie, by the way, was a bed hog last night.  I was actually happy when she left to go sleep with Ron.  She'll sleep on the side of Ron's bed, but the middle of mine.  I tend to flip like a pancake and an obese, elderly, housecat tends to impede the process.

I have decided to try some herbal estrogens to help with the headaches.  They'll either work or they won't, and a minimal risk of side effects.  A lot of the prescriptions out there either run a risk of addiction, have very toxic side effects, or may interact with my other drugs.

Ugh.  I am so looking forward to the end of the pill.  Pills every day, just to stay straight.  Ugh.

Anyway, I will focus on sweet Torbie, sitting in my window, instead.  

No comments: