Saturday, October 4, 2014

The wood

Ron and I got up very early and went to Home Depot.  It's the 3rd of the month - that's when most disabled people get their social security checks. 

They also go on shopping benders that weekend - I knew our trips would be rough. 

The first ride was great.  We got to Home Depot and found our drain line cleanout cover.  I showed it to Ron. 

"It doesn't have a hole in it like the old one" he said, feeling it.

 "Exactly" I replied. 

Oh! 

We had a good laugh. 

Our pickup driver viewed us skeptically, I held a small plastic bag.  I decided to tease her. 

You get him loaded, I said, I'll go get the wood. 

The wood? 

Yeah, (I acted sheepish), we got, a, uh, little wood. 

You what? 

You get him loaded, I hastened to assure her, I'll get it. 

Uh-uh.  I ain't loading nothin'! 

It's not that much, and it's just inside, I'll go...

I need to see this wood before I do anything.  She crossed her arms over her chest. 

I started laughing.  She stared at me.  I held up my small plastic bag. 

This is it.  Really. 

What about the wood? 

I was bad, and teased you.  I'm sorry.  I laughed. 

She laughed and got Ron loaded.  You really had me going, she said, I thought you had a whole wagon! 

We went home.  I installed our cover.  Yay. 

I tried to pull it off, even.  It's not going anywhere. 

We went to the mall, probably a stupid thing to do with ebola, but we went.  I bought some Vitamin A (Walmart has been out for a while), and Ron "looked" at a talking smart phone from our carrier.  He's going to think about it. 

I like that about us - we very seldom make a big impulse buy. 

We ate lunch and came home.  Pretty depressed, I took my meds, and a nap. 

I got up and did my God Time, checked in online.  Called Mom and Dad.  They're doing great. 

Ron stopped enabling Torbie with cat treats.  She's been far more affectionate with me.  I'll give her treats, but she has to earn them.  Lying on my chest and purring, for instance.  Ron still gives her the odd treat but only after checking with me (if I'm up). 

I just need to eat something, and do up my meds, before I go to bed.  I want to get that vitamin A onboard in my pill organizer. 

No comments: