Sunday, October 26, 2014

"I knew it had to be you!"

I think the letter explains the whole thing quite nicely: 
Dear Mr (County Commissioner),

Normally I always vote for the incumbent. Up until tonight, I would have said you were doing a very good job.

I have severe disabilities, yet I still work, getting up at 4 am most days to run my own business. My husband has even more physical problems. He works with me.

I'll reiterate. We get up at 4 AM most days. Being self employed, we have to work weekends, especially during the busy holiday season.

I'm sure you're wondering what this has to do with you.

I found out YOU approved the music festival tonight, the one that is keeping me up - I got up at 4 AM today. I have severe mental illness and brain damage - and I cannot sleep because YOUR festival has loud bass notes all over my home. In my bed, with the noisemaker on. In the front room, and in my computer room.

I live THREE AND A HALF MILES from the race park, sir! I can only imagine the poor folk near the race track.

I bought my house because it was quiet. You, Mr Commissioner, have ruined my peace and quiet tonight. Your festival is keeping me awake. I am coming up on 20 hours awake with mental illness, I have to work tomorrow, and I am very very unhappy.

As I said, I had planned to vote for you, you may not be up for election this time but you will be up for election, and I will NOT be voting for you.

I don't know why you thought it was a good idea to approve an extremely loud festival - one that can be heard three and a half miles away from the epicenter. Thousands of people are being kept awake tonight, because you made this decision.

As a former judge, you may know how hard it is for those with bipolar disorder to manage their illness. Thanks to your decision, I will probably have a horrendous week.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not allow, or permit, any more "music festivals".

I need my sleep, and I pay taxes too. We just sent over a thousand dollars to the State Comptroller.

Sincerely,
Heather Lastname
Registered Voter
Conservative Independent


Here's the fun part: it didn't end until midnight. 

We had planned to go to church, but didn't.  

I slept in as late as possible because I have to get up at 2 AM today.  I woke up rapid cycling (up and down very fast but not together).  

I also shifted the dosing on my mood stabilizers and that helped.  

I got up at 10:30, took my shower, did my God Time.  Rather frustrated at being kept up late three weekends in a row.  

I did some chores and we went to work at 1.  Well, we went outside to wait on work at 1.  They didn't come until almost 2.  

We had made an appointment with a customer, to pay a refund.  She works the night shift.  

She had lost $5, that's a big deal when you're on a tight budget.  

So, we pulled up and a car drove over to us.  It was our customer "I saw the Metrolift and knew it had to be you!"  She was right.  

I teased the driver about taking us home, now.  She didn't.  

We went in and worked for half an hour.  I did pastries and Ron stocked some soda.  We left and had a good ride home.  

I was hungry, so I ate the last of the pizza and took my antipsychotic.  It generally makes me sleep if I lay down.  I got a couple extra hours of sleep.  

I never sleep well on delivery eve, and I just wanted to make sure I had enough charge in my battery.  I woke up when the neighbors came home.  

I'll go back to bed in about 15 minutes. 

No comments: