Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day Off

I slept for 12 hours last night.  Apparently I needed it. 

I got up and looked at myself in the mirror.  I decided I was very tired of my hair.  I got out the Color Oops. 

Now, in their defense, they say do not use on henna hair. 

I had heard stories of it working, so I tried it anyway.  I applied it, horrible stench, and let it sit for twice the recommended time. 

I rinsed it out for half an hour, and... it's exactly the same. 

That's good, and bad.  It's good in that I don't have fried hair.  I didn't want to destroy my healthy hair.  I didn't.  I made sure of it by using my deep conditioner.  I will use conditioner daily for a while (I normally don't) to ensure my hair stays happy. 

It's bad because I still have the red stripe.  You can literally see where I stopped coloring.  I find it frustrating.  I remind myself, it's only a few months and it will be farther back where I can't see it in a mirror. 

The ends and all look fine, but my hair stinks of hydrogen sulfide.  It's pretty awful.  I got a headache from it and had to lay down. 

Not what I had planned.  I did my God Time, though, and certainly showered. 

I got a nap, but not a very good one.  Between the dog behind us (normally not a barker), and Ron rummaging around, running his wheelchair into walls, etc., I didn't really sleep well.  But I did sleep in last night. 

I had some lovely cuddles with Torbie. 

We ordered pizza, for once NOT the $5 delivery special.  I got a meatlover, took off the italian sausage (NASTY!), and subbed salami.  I am left with a delicious treat. 

Ron got the Memphis BBQ chicken.  Ever since he tried one, he won't eat anything else.  I'm just happy to get him eating protein. 

His neuropathy is flaring today, he's a little cranky, but not "pointing" it at me. 

So, for me, some TV, and hopefully an early bedtime. 

No comments: