Thursday, October 23, 2014

A tale of two banks

$10.69

Not a big amount, but when Ron found a "debit transaction" for the above amount he went on alert.  He never uses the business debit card.  Ever.   He keeps it in a metal wallet. 

He called the bank.

1.  They said his change deposit (in quarters) was short by $10.69 so they had to do the debit.  Why, Ron replied, would it have pennies?  We never deposit pennies.

2.  Then, another representative told Ron that "Maybe his helper" made an unauthorized debit.  Ron immediately defended me.  On a practical note, it is 3 buses to the bank.  Hours in transit each way.  For $11?  Ron gave me $25 willingly, tonight, for pizza.  Why would I rob him?  I was pretty pissed they were throwing rocks at ME when they're the thieves.

Yes, Bank of America.  Thieves.  Sneaky, lying little thieves who rob a blind man in a wheelchair!

"Do you know how many candy bars I had to sell to make that money?"  Ron has a good point.

Anyway, pretty furious.

I am busy selling Ron on MY bank.  The good bank. 

I got hacked twice, and lost my debit card once.  I never did find that debit card. 

Once they caught the transaction, refused it, and called me to notify me of the problem.  They "killed the card" and issued me a new one. 

When I lost my debit card, they were very nice about issuing a new one. 

Lastly, I had my card number stolen and some transactions run.  They went through all my transactions to make sure the good guys got paid, then killed the card, issuing me a new one, without any drama. 

Sometimes I'm so foggy I can't even fill out the deposit slip, but I tell them the number and they do it.  Happily.  They are wonderful, understanding, and nice.

The manager even spins Ron around in his wheelchair, just for fun, now and then.  

No drama.  No lying.  No finger pointing - just really awesome customer service. 

Or we could have that

No comments: