Sunday, September 14, 2014

Stock

I realized, to my horror, my Breakfast Biscuits may contain nut allergens. 

I know I am allergic to Almonds.... goodbye breakfast biscuits.  I've been giving them out to (nice) drivers. 

I don't want to wake up with a tube down my throat because I had an "episode". 

I woke up pretty early today.  We had to go to Walmart. 

Ron fell and broke his plastic desktop fan.  He loves to lie in the breeze.  Yesterday, we bought a metal fan but it scared Baby Girl.  She wouldn't even go in his room to eat when the fan was running. 

Clearly, we need another fan. 

Ron didn't want to go to church today, so we got up early.  I took my shower (yay!  Quite the job when I'm depressed) and we went to Walmart before it got crazy. 

I did my God Time later, before getting on the computer. 

I took Ron over to the fan section (pretty sparse these days!) and he selected a stand fan.  I reminded him he had broken a lot in the past, by falling on them. 

"That was when I had all the blackouts" he replied.  "I'll be OK now."  He thanked me for making "the video" (a one minute clip of Ron in full blackout, verbally abusive, glory.  He refers to me as a "stupid r*tarded b*tch" at one point.)  Apparently it has worked as I hoped. 

[shrug]  No more blackouts at any rate.  He knows I will make another one and I have told him I'll put it public if I do.  Would I?  I don't know. 

So, we got the stand fan.  He likes it.  Most importantly, so do the cats.  He plans to keep the noisy fan. 

I got Ron parked up front and looked around a bit.  I found myself in the skincare section. 

You might want to skip this if you aren't interested in skincare. 

I wash with acne soap and water.  I take vitamin A & E.  That is the extent of my skincare.  If I don't take the vitamins, I get acne.  I get skin infections (not on my face).  They hurt, look bad, and can scar. 

Most of skincare, as I've seen it, is getting the precious moisture to the skin.  I have very oily skin.  Even now.  I remember looking at my Dad, about 70.  Only now would I consider his skin "normal".  I don't really need moisture! 

I do like a good exfoliating now and then... so I picked up a small sample of the St Ives Apricot scrub.  I didn't want another big tube languishing in the shower.  I'll get a couple good treatments out of this one. 

I spent a lot of time looking at skin cleansers.  Walmart used to have an excellent, dry, disposable, skin cloth.  They came in 30-packs.  I'd wet it and rub it together to get a lather, then use it on my skin.  They stopped making it several years ago.  Now Walmart just does the wet cloths, which don't work for me. 

However, it appears Olay makes the cloths now.  I bought a package.  I didn't realize I'd bought the refill size, but I still had one of my old Walmart containers at home.  I'll let you know how I like it, tomorrow.

Last but not least, I found some Pond's Dark Spot cream.  I looked at the different dark spot creams.  I have a small dark spot above my right eye.  Actually, I think it's sun damage, as it's a little rough-feeling.

I noticed all the dark spot formulas had niacinamide, B-3, in them.

"Why" I thought "Put it on my skin when I can get it in the skin?"

I decided to buy some B-vitamins.  I've learned an important lesson: don't put them in the pill organizer.  Oh, they create the most awful stench of B-yuck.  I'll keep them segregated in their own bottle.

They won't hurt, that's for sure.

I did buy a sample bottle of the Pond's stuff.  I haven't decided if I like it.  My fingertips felt nice after applying it.

I guess, if nothing else, I could use it as a hand cream!

Tomorrow will be truck day for us.  I'll go to work, stock, get our delivery, stock (notice a theme? - grin).  We will go to the warehouse and get more - stock.  The nice man will load it into the truck.  I will unload the truck when we get to work, take it inside, stock (!), and put away the rest.

It'll be a good workout, that's for sure.

I'm going to need those vitamins!

Have a good one - I'm praying for you daily.  ((((Hugs))))

No comments: