Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Date night

I've mentioned I have a scar on my chest.  It's upsetting. 

The scar itself isn't upsetting.  I have scars from various other injuries that don't bother me a bit.  I have acne scars..  I have moles and some large, dark, freckles. 

It's the context.  I got the scar in an assault.  When I went for help, those I trusted to help me not only refused to help, but blamed me for the assault and denied medical care. 

"If I see it and I'm depressed" I told Ron "It's very upsetting and really aggravates the depression."

Ron them proceeded to tell me that everything was made of atoms so scars, and skin, didn't exist anyway.  [sigh]

We went to the Dollar store a while back.  I saw some temporary tattoos. 

I have considered a permanent tattoo.  However, I tend to abscess and that could get ugly real fast.  I want to minimize it, not amplify. 

I thought the temporary tattoo might be a good solution.  I applied one this morning, after my shower.  I was delighted to see it covered the scar completely. 

The "temp" isn't really my style, it's very flamboyant and fanciful, but it's better than naked scar.  I'll live with it for a while, apply new ones as desired, and see if I want to purchase a library of options more to my taste. 

Considering "tats" run up to hundreds an hour, I think it's a good choice. 

I'd love for this not to bother me.  I really want to "get over it" but it's been nearly 30 years and it still does. 

So, today we went to Walmart. 

Let's see what I got: 
One gallon of milk.  I can get protein regardless of fatigue or depression.  Good on cereal, a favorite depression dinner (generic cheerios, which I have in abundance).

More frozen chopped beef.  I thought I got pulled pork but this is excellent, and will make a fantastic birthday dinner.

Yogurt

Ranch dressing for the salad.

Pie filling so I can make a dump cake.  Yellow cake mix and butter for same (ingredients are dumped in a bake dish, then cooked to create a divinely ugly dessert).

Frozen TV dinners.

Kraft Hickory BBQ sauce because that's the only one Ron will eat.  [shrug]

Bacon bits for salad (funny story later)

Snack foods, pepperoni, string cheese, meat sticks - trying to eat protein instead of crap.

Baby carrots

Salad mix - I prefer lively, bitter, greens.  Ron wants iceberg.  We both got what we wanted.

Luna Lemon protein bars.

Cat treats

Hoodie and pants in navy heather.  Smaller sizes than I expect fit with plenty of room!

Cycle stuff

Brand name toothbrush - never bought one before.

Enamel building toothpaste.

Cal/mag/zinc supplement.

I also made a bank deposit in case I want to get something online.

About the bacon bits.  I have been seeing a lot of muslims in the ritual getup lately.  Consider what they are doing to Christians in the middle east.  What they do to thousands of little girls every day - butchering their privates.  I'm not a fan.  I do absolutely pray for them every day, and hand out Bibles if they are interested, but I don't see them as friends.  I see the spread of islam as a tragedy, and a terrible thing. 

So.  The muslim lady in line in front of me, was haggling with the cashier.  She wanted the adult Tshirt priced the same as a tiny child's shirt.  The cashier explained she could not do that.  The customer was pretty shrill and rude... until I threw the bacon bits on the conveyor belt right next to the clothing.  She couldn't wait to leave after that.

I was a little sad I didn't have the pulled pork as well, but [sigh].   

I wish I had put in a compliment for the cashier.  I regret that.  I told God I was sorry for poking a stick at the muslims.

It just makes me so angry to see them in costume, knowing what it represents: domination, hatred of others, submission or death, female enslavement and butchery, dogma, hatred, and a corporal "We're OK and You're Not" attitude.

Christianity tells us to love our enemies (working on that) pray for them (done daily for years), reach out to them with the gospel.  It doesn't tell us to torture, kill, and maim them for a differing belief.  Christians are to emulate Christ, who came to serve.  We're to be servants, not masters.  I think that's the key difference between Christians and muslims.   

By the way, I'm making a deliberate choice regarding capitalization. 

I don't ever wear overtly Christian stuff: one, we have a dress code at work.  Two, at work I wear the cheapest and most modest t-shirts available.  I have a whole selection of mostly black, oversized, men's t-shirts.  I wear them with bermuda shorts in the summer, and comfortable jeans in the winter.  Consider my job entails pushing a wheelchair, pushing heavy hand carts, crawling under and behind vending machines, picking heavy things up and putting them on carts.  unloading pallets of merchandise, reaching, pulling trays out of vending machines, taking heavy things off of carts and putting them onto racks, and you get the idea.

Second, I think my actions ought to exhibit my faith.  If you can't tell I'm a Christian by my actions and reactions, my response to the hurting, etc... then I'm failing.   

So, we came home.  It was raining pretty hard.  Ron says I have tomorrow off, and we'll work Friday and Saturday.   He wants to do another truck day on Saturday. 

Ron also agreed it is foolish to pay his friend $20 plus buy him a meal, just for giving us a ride.  We're taking Metrolift out to eat tomorrow at a place that appears very promising. 

Besides, I need a date night.  We never go out at night, the trips are terrible, but a brunch date works just as well. 

We plan to go to House of Fries.  I saw it recently and have a very strong desire to try it.  Reviews are excellent.  Menu is very reasonable and appealing.  It's on a bus line even.  Yum. 

I'll let you know how it tastes.




No comments: