Thursday, September 11, 2014

A man at the door

I was probably an idiot for letting him in; however it worked out. 

After posting last night's blog I was on the computer when the doorbell rang.  It was about 7 PM. 

I opened the door.  A man I'd never met stood there. 

"Hi Heather," he said, and introduced himself. 

He and I are internet friends.  I am 99% certain he helped sponsor some Bibles at one point, a while back.  He had mentioned he had an "old' computer he wanted to give me. 

Since mine is 6 years old and prone to many blue screens of death, you can bet I accepted.  I didn't realize he lived in Houston.  Quite a ways off.   He must have driven an hour each way to get to my house. 

That established, he told me he had the computer and wanted to set it up.  Ron was passed out in the back room. 

I thought what women usually think in these situations but decided I couldn't live my life in fear.  I let him in. 

I got him a bottle of water.  He didn't turn a hair at my messy housekeeping. 

He brought in the new-to-me computer and set it up, making sure the internet worked before leaving.  He was very nice. 

The cats adored him. Turns out he has a few cats of his own.  Torbie really loved him after I gave him a bag of cat treats. 

We got it set up and he left. 

Ron slept through everything. 

I thought, one, it's nice to know some real Christian men.  Real Christian guys you don't have to worry about making a move or even thinking about it.  They just do what they can to help because they want to honor God.  They aren't judgemental about bad housekeeping either. 

I also thought how the devil likes to throw nice men my way when Ron is being difficult.  God reminded me, in that situation, it's best to set my affections on God. 

So I do that. 

And for all his complaining, Ron did go on the Bible Handout today. 

Unfortunately, Ron let me know the blister on his foot "looked funny and might be infected".  He's right.  Ugh. 

I will try to doctor it at home for a day or two and then he may need antibiotics. 

One day I do pray he'll learn not to use the massager on his legs! 

No comments: