Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Big Girl

I had bermuda shorts for work.  I bought them early this summer.  Size 24. 

They have been falling off for a while.  I couldn't find the good bermuda shorts, just a pair of regular shorts, in 22.  They fit OK but they're a little shorter than I'd like (maybe a 4 inch inseam).  The waistband binds a little, too, even though the hips and thighs fit fine. 

That's all they had in the "Big Girl" department. 

Today, exasperated at pulling my pants up yet again, I went over to the Big Girl department.   I found "the" bermuda shorts, size 22, on the clearance rack.  I also found some khakis. 

What the heck, I thought.  Let's give it a try.  I headed off to the fitting room with 2 pair khakis and the bermudas.  The bermudas fit perfectly.  I can hardly wait to wear them tomorrow.  The black khakis (blakhis?), were too tight.  Nope.  But the tan worked fine. 

I threw them in the cart and got some underwear too. 

Ron had an interesting reaction.  Made a comment about guys chasing me if I got skinny.  Uh, no. 

I admit I had an emotional affair (99% of my dirty laundry can be found right here in the blog - it's very freeing) 14 years ago.  I never did anything but hug the guy once. 

And, at the time, I weighed within 40 pounds of what I do now. 

If I wanted to cheat I'm sure I wouldn't have any problems finding a playmate. 

I don't even think I need to dignify myself or the blog with an avowal.  I don't cheat.  Period.  When I got into trouble emotionally - I asked God to help and He did. 

Like I told Ron, any man who wants to be with me has to understand he's #2.  God is always #1 in my life. 



No comments: