Thursday, August 14, 2014

A lot about nudity

Hideous depression today.  I didn't even brush my hair but I did get my God Time. 

I also got a decent night's sleep and a small nap. 

I feel so o-pressed.  Like a giant weight is squashing me and I'm holding it up. 

No, I'm not in danger. 

Yes, I always seek help.  I even have the crisis # for the mental health center in my cell phone.  Not there though. 

Instead, I try to find fun things to do.  Not always easy. 

Have you ever thought how many weekday TV shows are either staged "gossip talk shows" (I'd gouge my face off before choosing to watch one), "fix my problem" talk shows (same applies),  soap operas (NEVER), or grisly and depressing crime dramas? 

I usually opt for the latter but not even that today. 

Like I said, I at least did my God Time. 

If I were manic I might have spent some time copying Bible verses or something. 

I haven't seen a mania in a while.  I can't really say that I miss them but I miss all the things I could do. 

Doc is always thrilled when I tell him I haven't seen a mania in a while. 

Anyway, I got online.  Participated in a few online discussions.  Cringed over yet another photo of a freind's topless little girl. 

I just don't think you should put your daughter out there, topless, ever.  No matter her age. 

In fact, years ago (2001) on a message board, one member put up nude photos of her daughter.  A member who struggled with pedophilia came out of hiding and told her perverts were downloading these photos, trading them, and doing disgusting things while fantasizing about her daughter.  He begged  her to take the photos down and she basically said "You can't tell me what to do." 

The moderators took care of that, deleting the photos. 

I was profoundly uncomfortable.  I did look and they showed full nudity, front and back.  I'm sure those photos are still viewed today. 

As a side note, the mother, after this point, mentioned how she wanted to "get my daughter into modeling" - several times, and each time was discouraged as it demeans women and promotes worldly values (not what I said but I agree).  A former model told her all this, more than once... 

Clearly that mother had some issues. 

My other friend is always putting up topless photos of her toddler.  I understand a mother may see it as "innocent" but I just feel uncomfortable looking at female human nipples of any age.  Except my own. 

I just wonder if child perverts find these photos stimulating.  I wonder if the mother even thinks of this when she takes another topless photo.  I mean, I can't recall a photo of this little girl wearing any kind of shirt. 

I just don't understand what leads a parent to put up naked, or half naked photos, of their children. 

That said my Dad had a photo of me in the bathtub.  I was covered in soap, "growling" at Dad.  We had a little bathtime routine called the soap monster.  I would lather up and become the soap monster, I'd growl at Dad and he'd cringe.  Fun times.   

Anyway, my entire baby album, and this photo, were destroyed by the #3 stepsibling.  So it doesn't matter. 

I look at my neighbors.  #6 seem to be "good parents" and their kids are always fully clothed.  I can't imagine them posting topless girls on the internet, of any age. 

But, God gave the child to them... and they are free to make their own decisions. 

No comments: