Friday, July 25, 2014

Your tongue

The #19 party machine has started up again. 

I asked Ron to call the police.  He was on the phone, chattering. 

I would have hung up, called the police, and then called my friend back.  Once the people get started it is impossible to think, and very loud. 

The music has the loud Mexican "polka" beat. 

Ron, after he hung up, said "Oh, I thought it was your music".  Did you LISTEN?  Have I ever listened to that stuff?  Do I ever play my music that loud? 

He's been drinking.  Ron drinks every day "After 12".  He has varying degrees of sobriety from that point onward. 

If he calls the police he always thinks it's "cute" to say "Come out and make him stop or I'll have to kill him".  Or "I'm going to commit a crime if you don't...." 

I don't think it's ever a good idea to make threats, to the police, on the record.  You know?  Just not bright. 

But when he's drinking he thinks it's "Cute" and funny.  "I'm blind and in a wheelchair.  I can't do anything and I'm just letting off steam." 

[facepalm]  Anyway, I asked him to call the police, a couple times, because I had already taken my meds and I don't do well with interacting over the phone with the police.  I end up having them repeat things - because I hear them, I just don't get what they're saying. It's frustrating for me and them. 

It's especially bad for me if I have any kind of background noise.  I even turned off the TV.  Ron comes rolling up about halfway through the call and starts making comments.   I asked him, with progressive levels of frustration, to please be quiet. 

He gets very upset if I talk in the background when he's on the phone.  I reminded him of that when I finally hung up. 

Then he lit into me.  I was so rude.  I was mean.  God was going to get me for my terrible behavior. 

Why?  Because I asked you to help, you told me to stick it, and I did it myself?  Then you came out and pestered me and I asked you to stop? 

Who's the bad guy? 

He was really surprised I had called the police myself.  I told them I was disabled to cover any "stupid".  I was clearly very weary and told them I just wanted to sleep.   Which I do. 

This has NOT been our week for neighbor relations.  #7 with their wild party ending up in the freaked out drunken teen banging on our door in the middle of the night (Sunday night).  #2 cutting down a perfectly innocent tree at the behest of his landlady, then leaving the pile of clippings in front of my house (Tuesday).   Last night #6 had a wading pool party with lots of happy shrieking (that one I didn't mind because they're bonding).  Tonight, it's the #19 party machine. 

Ugh. 

Is it a full moon? 

Ron, when he's being ugly, likes to attack my faith.  To tell me I am so awful, a terrible Christians, such a sinner, hypocrite, etc. 

Tonight he kept raving about the pastor's sermon about "the poison tongue" - all this because I asked him to please be quiet while I was on the phone.  I understand the head injury makes him regress, but sometimes I swear he's like a 3 year old. 

The pastor was referring to verbally abusive behavior, and to gossip. 

Anyway, he was verbally abusing me as he talked about "my" verbal abuse of him.  He's calling me a hypocrite and the music's banging and I almost started laughing. 

My life.  [shaking my head] 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron doesn't realize all the things he bitches about when he is drunk self loathing and downright mean to you. Boy gee willikers, he would be screwed if they were suddenly "fixed"! You can call it whatever you want. It because what he thinks is" broken", is what keeps you taking care of him! Gives you the ability to overlook his most glaring flaws of selfish narcissistic loathing of who he has become due to alcohol. We all know, most mentally "healthy" women, would never put up with what you put up with and would have tossed his ass to the curb wheelchair and all, no mercy. Justifiable behavior considering what hell he puts a person through. Then when you have that next period of bliss, when he is not so drunk and trying to be a man again. you forget, and he gets to do this all over again. He bitches about the one person on the planet that loves him enough to stay and let her own crazy be exacerbated by his behavior, you neglect your own healthcare because of him at times. You should be collecting disability. I would pay for it!