Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hater's Puppet

Haters want to start race wars. 

I'm not playing. 

A good example, I was "aggravated" by two different latino neighbors this week.  Do I hate latinos?  No.  I think the particular individuals were immature.  That's a big difference from hating all of them. 

You know what?  I totally understand why they risk everything to get here. 


This is what they can expect in Mexico, and how many make a living.  Garbage picking. 
 
If they're lucky, they might live here,
These are HOMES, with several per household:
NO utilities, running water, ameneties.  They throw their slop buckets full of human waste down the hill.  The slums reek of rotting sewage. 

I've been there, on mission trips.  Horrific. 

Contrast that home above to this "Section 8 Housing" project in America.  This is considered a "bad" one.  The caption on this photo refers to this as "one" of the playgrounds in the complex.  Notice the satellite TV dish? 


Where would you want your child to live? 

I get the completely human desire to give one's children a better life.  I don't hate them. 

Jesus told me to love everyone, so I will.  However, I understand as well as obeying God. 

We need to shut the border people say.  Keep those people out of our country! 

Well, guess what, buddy.  You're going to need a time machine.  The tide has turned.  If you want to do that go back about 70 years and you ought to fix it.  It's too late now. 

America has prospered from all the "illegal" activity.  I know for a fact virtually everyone in my family has hired an undocumented worker at one point or another. 

Regarding that, the Bible says treat your employees fairly, give them their wages, don't cheat them.  I try to hire citizens when possible. 

Latinos also have amazing compassion and empathy for Ron.  Ron is often embarrassed by their outpourings of kindness and occasional monetary offerings (which he always declines).   My next door neighbor is an amazing father to his 5 children.  He spends quality time with them even when exhausted after a hard day's work.  He values his wife, he works 12 hour days, often 6 days a week, to provide for his family. 

We will have conflict everytime you get different cultures mixing.  It's inevitable. 

I don't understand the all night-loud-music "birthday parties".  I'm sure they are horrified by my lax yard care.  But we're here now and we're learning to live together. 

When I read articles "Illegal child infects classroom" I know it's just the haters trying to create a race war, just like they did with the Trayvon shooting last year.  Black vs White didn't work to well, so it's Everyone vs. Latino right now. 

[rolleyes] 

I will not be a hater's puppet. 

I have my own mind. 

No comments: