Wednesday, July 2, 2014

God does not want you to be happy

I've decided I need to avoid my last message board entirely, except for posting Bible Handout updates. 

"God wants me to be happy" one woman wailed in a post. 

No, He doesn't. 

He wants you to GROW. 

He wants you to learn. 

He wants you to love. 

He wants you to overcome. 

He wants to you develop your faith and trust in Him. 

He wants you to share His love with others. 

All of these require hard lessons in pain. 

That's why Jesus said: "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake."  (Matthew 24:9)

He also said: "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

What did the disciples say and do? 
Acts 14:21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, 22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” 

Paul said in Romans 5:3 "And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance"

So, Paul actually said our trials and troubles - all our agonies, are something the Christian should celebrate. 

That's a far cry from "God wants me to be happy." 

All quotes NKJV Bible. 

No comments: