Wednesday, April 2, 2014

[Screams and hides under her bed]

Today.  Where do I start? 

Well, I had a good shower and got my legs shaved.  I wore my capris and I like them (they're new).  That was good.  The weather was nice, humid and overcast with a nice breeze.  Warm.  The cats are good, sweet and cute.  All the household functions are functioning.  Thank you for that Lord. 

Well. 
I knew we would have to take care of a coffee machine, we cannot get rid of the bottle vendor.  If it isn't in the contract our supervisor is writing it into the contract.  Since the remodel, the old contract is being torn up and redone.  We don't really have any say in that.  I assume they will make us sign it. 

Bad news, pretty much, all around for us.  We will be responsible for cleaning and repairing 8 microwaves.  Commercial, expensive, ones.  It doesn't sound too bad until you realize we have over a thousand employees.  Nearly all of them bring their own lunch and use the microwave.  That's a lot of wear and tear. 

We will have to pay out of our own pocket for ALL repairs, not just microwaves, and wait months to get paid back.  No recourse.  Unless the repair for one machine costs over $500.  Then we can get a purchase order. 

The other vendor is the only one listed in the contract, so the stockroom belongs to him unless he chooses to share it.  We were told the supervisor is going to reign in his "taking over unassigned areas and leaving junk all over the place" proclivity.  I'm tired of getting yelled at for their mistakes. 

We were told it would be best to get off site storage, which will run at least $80 a month.  So, instead of going into the stockroom and getting merchandise, we have to make a paratransit trip to the warehouse, then another trip back.  Each trip takes about an hour or so (because it's carpool style).  We cannot afford a driver or cabs. 

We are getting our old coffee machine back.  The one that's broken.  So we have to pay for that repair, and the bottled vendor repair, out of our own pocket. 

We also got a lecture about "keeping the machines stocked".  I would love to know how to do this when all our money is going to REPAIRS! 

I bitterly asked the guy "Do you want us to do repairs or buy inventory?  Because we have to choose which." 

"If you can't do both you need to leave the program."  Well. 

You get the idea.  Ron was fine during the meeting, clearly depressed. 

However, "around" it he was pretty awful to me, then depressed, then needy and demanding.  Did I mention I am fighting a depression? 

I just pray I can get some sleep tonight.  

Later on, we went to Sam's.  The last time I went to Sam's for glasses I had a VERY positive experience. 

This time was awful.  The guy saw "First time bifocals" and practically started licking his lips.  He actually told me I wouldn't be able to drive, or use the computer, if I had line-in bifocals. Liar, liar.  Dad and Mom both had bifocals with lines.  What a jerk. 

He said plastic frames were the only ones that would work.  I believe that.  I have always had pretty thick lenses.  I've almost always had plastic.  However, the pair I found were cheap looking and $80. 

Do you know how much merchandise I could buy for that?  Apparently the internet stores don't want coke bottle prescriptions!  I HAVE to get them from a brick and mortar but they're all @ssholes! 

Augh! 

I can't fix the fonts.  Screw it. 

You know what I need?  Other than alcohol, assuming I could drink? 

I need a mania. 

No comments: