Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Quiet night

I see a doctor tomorrow. 

My bladder infections tend to be pernicious.  Once they're in, they're in, and they aren't leaving.  They exist to create maximum pain and suffering. 

Much as I hate to admit it, I need antibiotics.  We've got that planned out. 

I can't afford to get "really" sick.  I can and have, worked with a bladder infection.  I am working with a bladder infection.  It sucks, but [shrug]  I gotta do what I gotta do.  This is make it or break it week at work.  Everyone is noticing the cafeteria, and the machines, this week.  They have to be perfect. 

So I won't moan and cry.  The antibiotics will work.  I'll feel better.  Things will slow down at work. 

It's funny.  Nearly every trip to the doctor has been bladder related.  I even had an IVP (a kidney and bladder X-ray).  I met with a urologist (back in the HMO days).  He said "Some women are just unlucky". 

At any rate, it's been a good 2 years since my last infection, and then a year before that.  Most of the time, when I do get sick (not often), I self care at home.  But I'm smart enough to call the professional. 

I think I'm running a slight fever.  Definitely time. 

So, I slept pretty well.  I woke up a few times thinking about things at work, then went back to sleep.  I actually woke up before the alarm and listened to Baby Girl grooming herself, over in "her spot" by my jeans.  It was very nice. 

I got up, shower and all that.  God Time. 

We went to the warehouse and got soda for work.  Our first driver was great.  The second, not so much.  At her best she is very shrill and negative.  At her worst she is manipulative and ugly.  We got all of it today. 

She had a tantrum because I was in the bathroom and knocked my soda over in the cart, then dragged Ron and the cart off before I came back (I was gone maybe 3 minutes).  I loaded everything the way I always do.  When she sat down, she looked at me and said "Where's your (personal) soda?" 

I reminded her she knocked it over.  I didn't mention I was glad she'd at least done that out in the parking lot.  Glad she didn't damage any product with her little episode. 

If you hate your job and your life that much, you need to make changes.  Richard Bach once said "If you're at the point of suicide, why not make a drastic life change instead?" 

I was so happy to get out of that vehicle.  I am slightly manic.  You know it's bad when I, manic, don't talk to someone.  I didn't.  She kept looking at me.  Ron asked if I was feeling better and she asked what was wrong.  "I have a bladder infection" I told her. 

She sat back in her seat.  I hope feeling a little ashamed of her tantrum.  Every woman I've met has had one, knows they are hellish, and knows the LAST thing I'd want to do is work. 

We finally got to work.  I was delighted to see someone had moved our machines.  They looked GOOD.  Everyone was intact and happy. 

Of course that also meant more stocking for me, but I did it. 

We stocked for a while and then left to get more soda.  We ate lunch at the warehouse and came back.  It was nice because I realized, on the first trip, I was almost out of Krispie treats.  I got more. We had a delightful Nigerian man who taught us some more dialect.  "How's it going?  Not bad!" 

Then we went in and stocked all that.  While at work I noticed a lot of activity near the entrance.  I hope they are thinking ahead: to a blind man in a wheelchair entering and exiting the building.  Worst case I can work around if I can't take my cart outside. 

Like I told Ron, I don't think they're going to redo Phase 2 just for you.  He may need to hobble through the turnstile.  I have to pray on that. 

I'm off to eat, take my pills, and go to bed early.  I hope I have a quiet night. 

No comments: