Thursday, April 10, 2014

No door!

Very tired, another long day. 

I am cheating here; a cut and paste from a prayer request.

The big guy came by today (in charge of 30M remodel). 

"Is this your stuff?" he asked. 

No, I explained, two vendors, this is mine, that's belongs to the other guy. 

"Well, both of you need to vacate this area by tomorrow.  We are doing demolition." 

That's fine for me.  I counted while moving 20 milk crates and about 4 medium boxes.  And two small handcarts (like they use to bus tables). 

The other vendors have FAR more.  They came in and moved their snack stuff, but will have their lackeys move all the soda (don't envy them). 

One problem: NO DOOR on our new stockroom.  Now, I praise God eternally and forever for our little tuna can.  I can fit a Dr Pepper order (it is tiresome taking soda on paratransit, and sometimes we have to make 2-3 trips due to space limitations) in there, along with a fair amount of other stuff and a couple of handcarts.  Great. 

However, the other guy, and our boss, were very upset about the lack of security.

I run a just in time inventory.  Just what you think - I only buy stuff as needed and it goes into the machine.  The snack machines have a "locker" in the bottom so I put my leftovers, if I have them, into them.  I have very little to steal.

Remember the other day, "I have all the inventory?"  Well, that's coming back to bite him now. 
Please pray for that to be resolved.  We also have various repair issues.  Thanks for praying! 

More tomorrow.  I'm very tired and I need to go to bed in 10 minutes. 

No comments: