Wednesday, April 2, 2014

More? My day wasn't bad already?

Great.  I was whining at Mom on the phone and the neighbor knocked on my door.  He left when he saw me on the phone. 

However, he had a kid with him. 

I'm thinking he may want me to give permission for the kids to enter my yard: not happening. 

Or he may want to yell at me about the overgrown garden beds in the back (I mowed everything else).  I haven't had a good mania yet to weed them, and I need mulch to keep the weeds from growing back. 

He left, at any rate.  I put my bra on.  When he comes back I am presentable, albeit wearing my very ragged oversized navy "comfort" t-shirt. 

At any rate I will emphasize both Ron and I are disabled.  [shrug]  I won't tell him I'm crazy.  Ron was right, if the kids knew it would make me a target. 

I'll just say "I have two disabilities". 

Other possibilities: parking.  He might be mad about the paratransit in front of our house.  Sorry, Ron's in a wheelchair.  You're supposed to be a Christian.  You're going to complain about that? 

Or, he might have something to say about the mail.  I have been getting a lot of his mail lately.  I always put it in their door (in the weatherstrip above the doorknob).  Today "I" got a bank statement.  I wondered idly about the contents and gave it back. 

I have no idea.  I just hope I can keep my temper if he gets an attitude.

He wanted to use the driiveway. I told him sorry, no, we needed the space to load Ron's wheelchair (true). His friends are really bad about blocking our driveway as it is. (I didn't say that). I just emphasized poor sick Ron in his wheelchair.

Apparently the guy was really counting on this. I'm sorry, but that's your problem. You want to have a van, an SUV, a truck, and 5 kids with minimal parking. I'm not your parking lot.  What happens when the older ones start driving? 


No for a couple more reasons: it would encourage them, and the kids, to see my property as "theirs". 

Liability issues.  I am responsible for anything that happens on my property, to their vehicle.  No way.  That's how people end up on those courtroom TV shows. 

Thirdly, where did they think they would park it, when they bought it?  They have some kind of carpool. Why can't one of the other carpool parents store it?  There's at least one other family.  I know because they often block my driveway when they're doing the "kid exchange". 

Lastly, they lost their ball. I had to go out back and fight my way through the weeds to find it.  I got scratched up. 

Not happy but he didn't see any of that.  I just played the tragic caregiver.  "He's so sick!" 

People assume, wrongly.  They think "Heather doesn't have a car.  She doesn't need a driveway."  Wrong.  How am I getting to work?  A vehicle, that parks either at, or in, my driveway. 

We need the space.   I don't feel bad for him. 

No comments: