Sunday, September 2, 2012

All my bags from the Dollar store

Oh, I'm horribly queasy.  Let's hope a nice blog will distract me.

Ron didn't want to go to church.

I should probably write out my policies on men; while it sounds rather archaic, it works.  I have a simple policy, don't be alone together with other men.  Don't talk to them on the phone - I have Ron make the calls.

So, while I could have gotten a ride from a man at church, Ron wouldn't have been along.  The way I see it, I have to guard my heart and affections.

If I want Ron to be careful in his dealings with women; that implies I will be careful in my dealings with men.  I know this: thinking "I would never cheat" is the surest way to make it happen.

So, I'm careful.  Which meant staying home.

That was probably a good thing, as Ron woke me up VERY early this morning, "Heather, there's a cat crying outside.  I think it's hurt."  Is it Bubba?  No, it isn't.

I went outside and sure enough, I heard very loud little "Yow"s.  Since Ron has a moderate hearing loss, you KNOW that cat is loud.

I went outside, checked out the cat - while skittish, it was perfectly fine.  It's a tiny gray tabby, shorhair, about 10 weeks old.  It liked Ron, crept under his chair while Ron sat in it, looking out and me and talking a LOT.

I told Ron we could name the cat Gallate, which is Spanish for "Shut up!".  It liked Bubba, too.  Bubba didn't reciprocate, he just did his impassive statue imitation, with a quick swat when the kitten messed with his tail.

Poor thing.  Someone probably threw it out a car window, because they didn't want it.  It happens sometimes.

Idiots want a cat, but don't want to get them fixed.  So, more cats are born, and die.  If you love cats wouldn't you keep them from dying?  If Ron and I can get the cat to the clinic and home again, with no car, anyone can do it.

Of course, as I bitterly tell Ron, you have to love them to do this.  At any rate, we fed junior, put out a bowl of water, and Ron got his hand sniffed.  The cat hasn't let me anywhere near it.  I don't know if it's male or female, but I'm guessing female.

So, that's been fun, interacting with the cat today.  Ron likes going out on the porch and visiting.  We have to see what Bubba thinks, of course.  He is the alpha cat.

I promised him, after Frosty's death, that we wouldn't get any more cats unless Bubba approved.  On a side note, before Ron agreed to buy the house he made me promise I'd only have 2 pets total.  I'd rather have 2 pampered pets, than 10 sick ones.  I've seen a few shows on animal hoarding.  Horrified.

So, today, we just needed to run an errand or two.  I want to be packed well before my trip.  Once, Ron waited to pack, and got really sick right before we left.  I had to do his packing.

If I want to get my health and beauty through TSA, I needed a zip top quart bag.  I'm cheap, I get all my bags from the Dollar store.

So, we went.  We had a fast food date, with coupons.  Then we got Ron his Lays Stax - he is addicted to the Sour Cream version.  If you know us in real life, a great gift for him.  I looked around at the soap, got a nice spice soap, etc.

Then we went to the other dollar store, which has a better selection of batteries.  I want batteries for my MP3 player.  It runs on a AAA.  It was great after the hurricane, and when I had to go to the emergency room and waited for over 12 hours.  One battery dies, pop in another.  No hassles with recharging.

I also got some snacks.  I plan to make snack bags, with a Bible or Scripture booklet, and offer to share with my fellow travelers.  I got sticky notes.  I plan to see if God will let me put a "Take me home!" or "Free to Good Home!" sticky notes on some Bibles and leave them in a waiting area.  I hate to miss an opportunity, and I don't think that would be a problem.

However, I will be praying on it.  You know, recently, I was told to throttle it back, talking about the Bible Handouts?  I couldn't believe it!  It is about impossible to shut me up.

So, what do your think on a snack bag?  I have granola bars and animal crackers, maybe a fruit roll up?  Something salty?  But a lot of people can't do nuts (they give me migraines, actually).  I'd appreciate feedback.

In the meantime, we have tomorrow off.  I will probably mow the yard, take it easy, and see what happens with new kitty.


No comments: